Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Music: Anna Nalick-Wreck of the Day (POP)

I don't usually buy a CD based on just one song. However, I made the exception this time, because of the fantastic song Breathe (2 AM). I was drawn by Nalick's smoky voice, depth of emotion and strong lyrics in this one song. So much so, that I thought it was worth the risk (plus it didn't hurt that the CD was on sale for $8.99).

Most of the rest of the CD is rather lackluster. Not bad, just nothing out of the ordinary. The only other song I really liked was Satellite. If I were to pick the second single off the album it would have to be Satellite. The song starts out with a lilting quality, then builds to a kick-ass power chorus. If they really want to sell this album, they need to get this one on the radio.

To me, Nalick's voice is a mixture of Lisa Loeb and Alanis Morrisette. This is a good thing, since I enjoy both artists. If only the whole CD lived up to the grand promise of Breathe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home