Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Television: The Inside - Revisited

Wednesday nights on Fox 9/8c

This is ammending my first post on this show.

Tonight's episode "Everything Nice" was terrific. My pulse is still pounding.

An 8 year old boy is grusomely killed in the gated community in which he lives. One of the residents plays poker with the mayor, calls in a favor and gets the FBI special team involved. That's all I can say about the plot without giving anything away.

I was really involved by the great performances, especially that of the victim's mother played by Anne Dudek, who I've usually seen in comedic roles. She excels here. I really felt her loss.

We're starting to see more of the agents' personalities and there was more of an attempt to inject some welcome humor into this dark show. This is not a happy show. It tries to show how dark and twisted some people can be. I hope it doesn't get dragged down in that. But based on this episode, I'm changing the status of this show from "keep an eye on this one" to "set TiVo to Season Pass".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home