Monday, March 06, 2006

Movies/Television: The 78th Annual Academy Awards

I watched the Oscars last night. I thought John Stewart was great. I LMAO! But based on the audiences response (or lack of response) to him and the fact that many of the targets of his humor were the very telecast that he was presiding over, I didn't think that "the Industry" or the Academy would feel the same way. I was happy to find that the critics all had great things to say about him in the newspaper and online and nothing I read was negative. I hope we see him host again.

I was very pleasantly surprised that Crash won Best Picture. I did not see all of the nominees – in fact, the only other one I saw was Brokeback Mountain. I found Crash to be the better of those two films. I don’t see how it would have been possible for any film to win best original screenplay other than Crash.

As I said, I did not see many of the nominees, only Crash, Brokeback, North Country, Cinderella Man, Junebug, & Walk the Line.

I am interested in seeing Capote and Transamerica (I love Felicity Huffman).

Random thought: what was up with that HUGE bow on Charlize Theron’s shoulder?

I could have done without the film noir and bio-pic montages, but the gay cowboy montage was hilarious.

Possibly the best line of the night: “I think it just got a little bit easier to be a pimp out here.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home